I wanted to be able to write a post that supported black businesses. Here are 10 black businesses that I have personally supported and want to support. I think you will enjoy their products as well.
Hair, Beauty, Skincare
- Briogeo – a naturally-based hair care line that is mostly vegan, cruelty-free, and gluten-free products. Their products are based with banana, coconut, and more to help nourish your hair.
- Coloured Raine Cosmetics – is a makeup line that gives you a unique way to carry your eyeshadows with a “book of shades eyeshadow organizer” It’s a 3-page magnetic book that holds 72 single magnetic eyeshadow (a must-have for us makeup lovers).
- Mented Cosmetics – offers different makeup products that are pigmented to match Black women’s different shades and skin types.
- BLK + GRN – is a marketplace where Black artisans sell multiple different skincare, beauty, health, feminine care, and more that are toxic-free and natural for the Black community.
- BLK MKT Vintage – is an online store and brick-and-mortar store in Brooklyn, NY. They sell vintage decor that represents black history. You can find books, film posters, magazines, newspapers, and more.
- Lolly Lolly – is an online ceramic shop that sells stylish & modern dishware.
- Crystal Candle Magik– is an online candle shop that sells crystal candles. The owner makes the candles by hand with 100% coconut wax and adds handpick crystals. I’ve personally bought candles from this shop and fell in love with the smell and positive energy the candles give when burning.
- Shades of Shades – are nude luxury sunglasses that match Black women’s skin color. The founder offers 14 different nude shade sunglasses that match your skin color. What I loved about the site is that when you click on the matching skin tone; she has a list of foundations that match your skin tone.
- House of Aama – a brand that was created by a mother and daughter duo that mix fashion and African folklore together. They offer a connection between modern and African culture in their designs that make their collections stand out. A brand that I look forward to wearing and seeing grow.
- Shekudo – is a women’s footwear and accessories brand that operates out of Nigeria. They work with raw materials that are found or produced locally. Their brand is to help empower women and push boundaries.
I hope that you take the time out to not support only these black businesses but so many more black businesses that are out there. If you are looking for places to still donate, I have a blog post for places to donate.