Puerto Rican Coquito is made during the holiday as a classic Spanish cocktail. It is similar to egg nog but in my opinion way better. As I’m on my healthy journey and always trying to find healthier options for my favorite food and drinks. I was excited to make a Vegan coquito and find out it tastes exactly the same as it does with milk.
The recipe below is the vegan version and the regular version is in parentheses: (This recipe is about a serving size of 16-24oz)
- 1 can of coconut milk
- 1 can of evaporated coconut milk (evaporated milk)
- 1 can of sweetened condensed coconut milk (sweetened condensed milk)
- 1/2 teaspoon of nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon of pure vanilla extract
- rum (your preferred amount) or you can omit the alcohol
- Garnish (optional): cinnamon sticks & whip cream
You will want to add all these ingredients into a blender. Blend for about 1 minute or until your preferred consistency. Pour your coquito into a glass pitcher with a lid or any glass bottle that you have at home. Chill for at least 2 hours but preferably overnight in the fridge. It should last you for a week before going bad. Do not put it in the freezer!
Happy Holidays and Happy Drinking! Please don’t forget to read about other vegan recipes.